CAMPS Ambassadors, Dale and Tracey recently visited freedom camp, Aysons Reserve on the Campaspe River, and said it was a “great free camp” with “plenty of room for camping, especially for a group.”
- large grassy area riverside – room for Big Rigs and groups
- accessible toilets and dump point
- pet friendly
- swimming, fishing, boating – boat ramp nearby
- shade and views
You need a permit if you want to stay longer than 3 days and 2 nights, there is no charge. You can only park one caravan at the reserve and you can’t spend more than 28 days a year camping at the reserve.
This location is so good it has the CAMPS tick of approval!
If you want to light a campfire on Council-owned or managed land you must make sure that the fire is:
- set in a 30cm deep trench
- no bigger than 1m2
- at least 3 metres away from any vegetation
- always monitored by an adult
- fully extinguished when it’s not being watched by an adult
- not within 7.5 metres of a log or stump.
- You can only use dry solid fuel.
- You must have water handy to extinguish the fire.
- You can only light the fire if the wind speed is below 10kph.
The general rules about campsite tidiness, toilets and waste disposal also apply.
Find it 8 km north east of Elmore, where you can take a walking tour here, start at the Museum for a map.
Check it out in the CAMPS AUSTRALIA WIDE App and Guides, and here’s a video:
Order your CAMPS and Caravan Park guide today!
Simply enter the code: DPEND15 and save $15!
Download the Camps App for iPhone/iPad or Android