Thanks to Terry Conway for this recipe. He told us: “I am an enthusiastic cook, in and outdoors, we have a home-made Wok burner, pizza /bread oven, smoker etc. I make sourdough regularly, and I preserve our olives and make prosciutto etc.”
And another tip from Terry: “Weber BabyQ is the bees’ knees, but make sure you put a chain on it!”
Fresh green prawns or scallops (or both)
Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise
- Skewer 2 or 3 prawns on each skewer so they lay straight.
- Scallops should be on two skewers to facilitate turning.
- Lightly coat with a little oil, sprinkle with a little salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grille on hot plate/grill/barbecue etc. until they just turn opaque.
- Remove from grill and place on a heat proof surface.
- Brush liberally with Kewpie mayo.
- Finish cooking with blow torch until hot and bubbly, eat immediately!
You’ll find Terry’s recipe on page 84 in the Camps Australia Wide Community Cookbook. But you’ll have to read the book to find out his best ever caravan parks in Australia and his ‘must see and do’ recommendations. All the recipes are tried and true, from fellow travellers. Check out our Cookbook! …