This recipe is so quick and easy and absolutely scrummy. It was sent into the Camps Australia Wide Community Cookbook by contributor, Adele Davison.
Makes 12 pieces. If you don’t have a microwave on board – try it in the oven or camp oven – or wait until you find a camp kitchen!
- 150gm butter
- 200gm block dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- ½ cup cocoa, sifted
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. Depending on your microwave, 1 minute, stir, then another 45 secs. Break chocolate and butter into small pieces first works best.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence until combined.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients until just combined.
- Line the base and sides of a 21cm square microwave safe baking dish with baking paper. If you grease with butter first, the paper will stay in place.
- Pour the batter into the dish and microwave 10 minutes on 70% if 1000W microwave, or 100% if 700W. A skewer should not come out quite clean as it should be quite fudgy.
- Serve with cream, ice cream, Greek yoghurt or on its own with a cuppa. YUM!
Adele said her favourite memory of cooking this is sitting around with friends having a yarn, a cuppa and a piece or two of delicious chocolate brownie.
Find more great recipes in our Camps Australia Wide Community Cookbook.
Order your CAMPS and Caravan Park guide today!
Simply enter the code: DPEND15 and save $15!
Download the Camps App for iPhone/iPad or Android