by Jim and Vickie Salmon
This is an easy to make quick meal using food items usually on hand when camping or caravanning. Plus it is great for leftovers the next day!
- 1kg mince, beef is best
- 2 large onions
- Plain flour
- 1 can tomato soup
- Potato and mixed vegies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Milk optional
- Roll mince in to rissole size balls (add salt and pepper or extra flavourings if required).
- Place flour in a bowl and roll mince balls through flour and coat well, then place to one side.
- Cut onions in to rings. Heat oil in fry pan and fry onions till slightly browned.
- Remove onions and set aside.
- Now place mince balls in heated pan and lightly press balls to make them a bit flatter, turn occasionally till cooked
- Mix a small amount of milk into the tomato soup and stir.
- Then place onions and soup in the warm fry pan and heat through.
If required boil up potato and vegies of choice and add them to the plate to make a complete meals.
Find this recipe in the CAMPS Community Cook Book. There’s prized family camping recipes, favourite camping spots in Australia and must do and sees as you travel our beautiful country. All contributed from our camping community.
Score 15% off Camps 12 B4 (Easy to Read with Photos) by adding in the below code at checkout.
Add the code EXPLOREAUS into the checkout and SAVE today!