Jason Crossman said this recipe was passed on from his uncle, an easy and tasty way to prepare vegetables when camping. Even the kids will enjoy it!
We certainly did. Super simple, it was beautiful with our steak. And a bonus – no washing up! Remember, most of the recipes in the Camps Australia Wide Community Cookbook are transferable e.g. camp oven dishes will cook up in a slow cooker or pressure cooker, even a regular oven. We cooked this at home, under COVID lockdown. Thanks Jason!
- 2 carrots – grated
- 1 zucchini – sliced
- 1 large brown onion – diced
- 2 tomatoes – cut into eighths
- Sprinkle of mixed herbs
- Sprinkle of Season All
- Salt and pepper
- Grated cheese (not lite cheese – it doesn’t melt properly)
- Combine all ingredients (except for the cheese) in a bowl and mix by hand.
- Lay out a piece of aluminium foil and tip mixture on top. Spread out into a rectangle.
- Cover in grated cheese
- Fold foil from ends so they overlap in the middle. then roll edges in to form parcel
- Place on BBQ plate on low heat for about 10 minutes. (If cooking sausages or chops, when they are half cooked I add the vegie parcel to the bbq and remove when the meat is ready.)
- Vegies will steam and cheese will melt on top, so don’t flip.
- Remove and serve as a side dish.