Have you visited Pinjarra, near Mandurah, only an hour south of Perth? And did you know Australia had another Murray River? Pinjarra RV Parking Area in Western Australia is a free camp and within walking distance of the town centre.
You’ll find picnic tables, shade and the dump point is about 100 metres away. Additionally, it is pet friendly and there is room for Big Rigs.
There is space for 15 recreational vehicles, with a maximum stay of 24 hours only. There must be 5 consecutive nights between any of your stays here.
Where to eat
Make sure you stop at Pinjarra Fish & Chip Shop, voted the 2021 Best Fish & Chip Shop in WA. It is the second time it has received this accolade!
A hub of culinary delights, Pinjarra Bakery’s Chunky Pie was awarded the Best Plain Pie in Australia in 2021 Great Aussie Pie Competition!
What to see and do
- Pinjarra also has another award winner – the Edenvale Heritage Precinct. Over 160 years old, the village includes a makers store, heritage tea rooms, markets and more!
- Stroll through the nineteenth-century rural village and heritage rose garden to homesteads, a butcher’s shed and the Old School Master’s House.
- St John’s is a beautiful church, with leadlight windows and archways considered the fifth oldest church in Western Australia!
- The vintage machinery museum has classics, most are restored – one is the only known operational engine of its kind in the world! Or visit Grannie’s Room housing the original laundry of the Homestead with vintage ‘kitchenalia’.
- Then there is the redeveloped Murray River Square and river foreshore with shaded areas, outdoor spaces, a small amphitheatre, cycle / walking paths, public art and a soon to be completed jetty.
- The race track boasts the only 1,000 m grass straight in WA.
- Visit some beaut beer gardens and bars along the river.
Images by Michael Lennon
Score 15% off Camps 12 B4 (Easy to Read with Photos) by adding in the below code at checkout.
Add the code EXPLOREAUS into the checkout and SAVE today!