You can see from these photos when we dropped in the other day, Murwillumbah Showgrounds are a little piece of paradise. Surrounded by ranges, and located near Mt Warning (or Wollumbin National Park) and in walking distance to Murwillumbah’s main street, it is a great spot!
This is NSW site 2 in Camps 10 or find it on the Camps Australia WIde App.
As for most showgrounds, camping is not available during events and very wet conditions, plus there are limited sites – so do check first as bookings are strongly advised (especially for a powered site).
It comes in on budget for a couple per site, and they do have rates for singles. Pets are allowed, there is room for big rigs. With powered and unpowered sites, dump point and mobile phone coverage – it also has facilities for people with disabilities.
5 Things we recommend you do and see in and around Murwillumbah
- Eat at the Austral Cafe – it is a walk back in time.
- Walk around the Tweed Regional Gallery – not only are the exhibits worthwhile – so are the views.
- Check out beautiful Mt Warning.
- Lunch on the River? We enjoyed the Riverview Hotel. Alternatively travel only a few kilometres further to the pretty town of Tumbulgum and visit the Pub! Also located on the beautiful Tweed River.
- The villages around Murwillumbah are perfect country driving – Uki, Chillingham, Tyalgum.