If you are after healthy, clutter-free presents for people who love camping and travel – look no further… Here’s a handy list of Aussie gifts for exciting journeys beyond Christmas:
Firstly – there are a few things that I do not consider as clutter, and people can gift me anytime:
- Books – I have a “waiting room” shelf promising hundreds of adventures to far off lands… Once read, they follow the jigsaw path (see below) unless they are an absolute favourite or camping essential – like the brand new release CAMPS 12, for instance!
- Jigsaws – I do them, then pass them on to Heatley’s mum, then back for my mum, who shares it with my Godmother, then onto my sister, and so on. Wasjigs are even better!
- Board games and playing cards – you do have to be selective when you are camping with boardgames. Cards are easy – they take up so little space. And did you know we have CAMPS AUSTRALIA WIDE playing cards?
Tip for travelling with boardgames – we chose one box that fits easily in the van cupboard (normally Sequence, it is a non-negotiable) then pack other games inside it, and a little cribbage board. Boardgames are a lot harder to choose, but the beauty is you can rotate it for different trips! If you are lapping – think small!!
I love gifts that encourage me – and the family – to get active:
- Classic sports games – like a cricket set, different balls, badminton, spike ball, bocce, tennis racquet and balls etc. If you aren’t travelling think quoits, dart boards, croquet, totem tennis, hookey, nets and so on.
- Floatables – anything from a kayak to a noodle comes in handy on the road! We also took snorkelling gear on our lap.
- Gym gear – elastic bands, water bottle, clothes and gym vouchers.
- Beach essentials – Togs, rash shirts, towels – you don’t need much when you travel but togs do wear out!
- What about ‘learn to play’ vouchers – perfect your golf swing, skiing, scuba diving, surf, stand up paddleboarding, line dancing, ballroom dancing… see what is on in the area you are in! Or where you’ll be next year.
- Passes like for ten pin bowls, rock climbing, trampolining, zumba…
- Sporting events – Melbourne Cup 2023? The Australian Open? A footy game? Maybe it’s camel races, or the Alice Springs regatta?
- Concerts – even better if they are ones you can camp on location, like the Big Red Bash in Birdsville or the Music in the Mulga at Wandilla Station, Eulo.
- Theatre – Yes, please! To me, it is not only the experience of the event – but the anticipation and fun I have with the person who gave it to me.
- Get boaty – Fishing charters, day cruises – we loved a seafood cruise together, checking out lush homes in the Mooloolaba canals…
- Beauty vouchers – mmm, a massage is ALWAYS welcome here. Just look to a salon’s menu of options or even splurge on a day spa.
- Cooking Classes – the ones where you can devour what you make afterwards! With wine, of course.
- Wildlife Encounters – you don’t need to be a kid to want to cuddle a koala, sleep near a giraffe or touch a Tassie devil. Sanctuaries, nature reserves, zoos – gift an entry for Christmas.
- Look ahead to where your travel is planned this coming year: do you want to swim with sea lions or have a great white shark experience in Port Lincoln? How about a canoe trip in the Kimberley?
Alternatively book a indigenous tour of a special corner of Australia. There are so many bucket list items, just waiting for you!
BECOME A MEMBER
- National Parks Passes are an awesome present if you know you’re travelling to a particular state. They make good sense, too – as you can save a bundle buying ahead of time.
- Theme parks aren’t cheap – but if you know you can access them regularly secure an annual pass.
- Tea and coffee – find out what your receiver likes, and this is an easy purchase. (T2 Gorgeous Geisha, please family?)
- Restaurant vouchers – yum.
- Cellar door experiences – wineries often offer a sip and platter offer. If you are planning to go there anyway, why not pay ahead of time and gift it to your partner?
- Local foods – we like to support local growers and makers as we travel. A bottle of plonk or artisan chocolate will last the distance to the festive season. Hampers with curry pastes, spices, or nuts? Fruit baskets are welcome, too!
- Vegie seeds or seedlings – Okay, if you are travelling this is not helpful, but – you can still buy a grow at home mushroom bag (some sit on a countertop) or sprouts! A little herb pot, perhaps?
- Give the gift of charity, and your loved one will know their Christmas will make others bright! Great Aussie causes are the Royal Flying Doctors Service, the Drought Angels.. there is a big list to choose from!
Our shop has loads of other Christmas gifts to choose from perfect for campers and travellers!
Hopefully you like our list and these ideas have taken some of the panic out of your Christmas preparation!
Pre-order Camps 12 now! Find out more and save with the deal in Messenger or add the discount code preordercaw12 at the checkout.
Add discount code: preordercaw12 at checkout
Or just visit us on Messenger and we’ll talk you through it!
Adventures start today!