For those travelling the Limestone Coast in South Australia, the Bellum Hotel at Mount Schank in SA is always happy to offer free camping.
Located 12 km south of Mount Gambier on the Riddoch Highway (aka Bay Road); halfway between Mount Gambier and Port MacDonnell.
The hotel is near the base of the Mount Schank volcanic crater and very close to Little Blue and Kilsby Sinkhole.
Pet friendly, free camping is on the grassed area on the southern side of the hotel.
They welcome self-contained travellers as there is no power or toilet facilities available when the hotel is closed.
Motel accommodation is also on offer.
The Limestone Coast is a terrific destination for a holiday or short stay. Local attractions include:
- Mount Schank volcanic crater- walk to the crater’s edge of one of Australia’s youngest dormant volcanoes, picnic area available
- Kilsby Sinkhole – dry tours, snorkelling and diving (book in advance)
- Little Blue Lake – swimming and pontoon – only 2 minutes away
- Ewens Ponds Conservation Park
- Piccaninnie Ponds Conservation Park
- Try the local Sinkhole Gin
- Port MacDonnell
Order your newly released CAMPS Pendium today!
Simply enter the code: CAMPEND25 and save $25!
Download the Camps App for iPhone/iPad or Android