At CAMPS AUSTRALIA WIDE we like to congratulate the Fraser Coast Regional Council because they really value RV travellers and campers. They know what we travellers bring to towns. We would like to applaud council on their progress!
So for other regions hoping to become RV friendly, how do they make it work? They have built an inclusive strategy with a focus on:
- Positioning and marketing the region as a premier RV, caravan and camping destination via revamped marketing platforms, engaging with industry and a review of signage.
- Business development which grows overall destination competitiveness They include customer evaluations and attract opportunities to host sector conferences and events.
- Infrastructure investment which creates an RV, caravan and camping-friendly environment By establishing Maryborough as an RV education and maintenance hub, as well as options for designated long vehicle parking spaces.
- Establishing a transparent policy framework What a great idea to potentially provide incentives for commercial operators to offer low cost camping options!
- Effective site management and development This includes the development of site plans and annual reviews of site operating hours and fees for Council-managed sites.
- Building awareness of the benefits of the RV and caravan and camping sectors
The Council also resolved to commence investigations to identify a suitable Hervey Bay RV site to replace the existing Hervey Bay Visitor Information Centre RV site.
In addition, Council will review success of changes made at the Alan and June Brown Car Park in 2016 and the leasing of the Doon Villa site in 2017.
This review will inform further investigations into a potential additional RV site within Prickett Park and RV parking within HJ Davies and McDowell Car Parks that will be conducted and considered by Council at future meetings.
Council also run the excellent Lake Lenthall camping ground.
To check out all the current options for free and budget camping in the area, check out the new CAMPS 12. There are also many caravan parks available around Hervey Bay – see Caravan Parks 6 or CAMPS Pendium guides. All sites are in our CAMPS AUSTRALIA WIDE App and , CAMPS GPS POI for your GPS units.
Reference: Fraser Coast Council
Score 15% off Camps 12 B4 (Easy to Read with Photos) by adding in the below code at checkout.
Add the code EXPLOREAUS into the checkout and SAVE today!