- Without an exception, everyone was so friendly. Every queue (and there will be a few queues), all in our finery, people were excited to be there and smiling. From our seat near the finish line, waiting for lunch, or champagne – even in the Ladies – people were happy to chat.
- Who knew, that our National Anthem could be so stirring at a horse race. The atmosphere was electric, like a soccer game in Italy!
- General Admission has no formal dress code. Although they encourage ‘smart’ attire, we really saw that anything goes! Different race days may have different themes.
- BYO picnic. No alcohol of course, but you can bring your own food. You can also duck the queues and opt for hamper to collect. If you don’t have a seat booked, you can also BYO a chair. (But I would opt for the views upstairs.)
- There’s three public cloakrooms (more for members) and there is no charge for this service. Good to know!
- The races are only a fraction of the excitement. Visit ‘The Park’ for food, music and fashions. Next time, when it’s not raining – I will do.
- Finally, yes – the roses really are as beautiful as I was told they would be. Make sure you stop and smell them!
Find out more about budget and free camping sites, or caravan parks throughout Australia – take advantage of our 15% discount by entering the following coupon at the checkout: directcaw9.