I love that this delicious soup has converted cauliflower haters to cauliflower fans. Perfect for a winter campsite!
My family love this soup – it is our winter favourite. It is creamy and delicious, and best of all simple to make, with very few ingredients. You wouldn’t even know it was dairy free. I guess you could serve with cream, but it is so flavoursome – you don’t need it!
- one cauliflower
- 3 bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- chicken stock 1-2 litres
- pepper and salt
- Combine bacon and onion in large saucepan, cook, stirring, until onion is soft. (Do not brown.)
- Cut cauliflower into flowerets. Add cauliflower and stock, bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer and cover for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Taste and season. A slight shake of pepper is all you may need.
- Blend until smooth (or mash if you don’t have a stick mixer) in the saucepan.
- Lovely with a sprinkle of parsley or chives.
- Put the toast on or serve with warm grainy rolls.
Find more winter warming recipes in the CAMPS Community Cook Book. There’s prized family camping recipes, favourite camping spots in Australia and must do and sees as you travel our beautiful country. All contributed from our camping community.
If you would like order your own CAMPS Pendium, here is a special coupon code for you:
…and you’ll receive $20 off! Add the code into the checkout!