Grilled Polenta Stack
Grilled polenta (prepared at home-see polenta recipe below)
1 can of lentils, drained and rinsed
2 tsp mild curry powder
1 bag pre-prepared salad
1 tbs olive oil
Desired amount of salt and pepper
1. Cut 8 squares from your pre-prepared polenta (you will use this like bread)
2. Cut avocados in half, remove the seed and slice (leaving them in the skin). Squeeze desired amount of lemon into each half.
3. Grill polenta lightly over fire.
4. Heat oil in saucepan over the campfire and add lentils and curry powder, stirring constantly until hot.
5. Stack ingredients, using polenta on top and bottom (like a sandwich).
Preparing your polenta at home
8 cups water
2 cups cornmeal
1 tbs Earth Balance or olive oil (optional)
1-2 tbs nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan.
2. Reduce to simmer and gradually whisk in cornmeal. Stir for approximately 20 minutes.
3. Continue stirring while adding your extra seasoning.
4. Once your ingredients are combined, take the mixture off the heat and immediately pour into a baking dish to desired thickness. Your mixture should be thick and you will need to pour it quickly (if you let it cool too much it will set before you have a chance to finish pouring).
5. Leave your polenta to set in the refridgerator and pack in your cooler when you are ready to go on your camping trip.
(this polenta recipe was sourced from Campfire Vegan)
Tip: Follow this up with fruit kebabs for desert!