Kathryn Bothe said her recipe for the Camps Australia Wide Community Cookbook is just like golden syrup dumplings, but so much easier. One for the camp oven.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pudding – mix all ingredients together and place in cake tin or similar.
- Sauce – place all ingredients in a saucepan and stir over low heat of coals until butter melts.
- Pour melted sauce over pudding mix.
- Place cake tin on trivet in camp oven, and bake for around 30 minutes.
Each contributor also shared their favourite memory of the cooking the recipe and camping, the best camping spot and favourite must see and do in Australia! Check out Kathryn’s tips in the cookbook – she loves The Kimberley and Pilbara in WA!