Kathryn Bothe said her recipe for the Camps Australia Wide Community Cookbook is just like golden syrup dumplings, but so much easier. One for the camp oven.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pudding – mix all ingredients together and place in cake tin or similar.
- Sauce – place all ingredients in a saucepan and stir over low heat of coals until butter melts.
- Pour melted sauce over pudding mix.
- Place cake tin on trivet in camp oven, and bake for around 30 minutes.