Contributed by Leanne Heggie, Cake and Eat It 3 – check out their travels and educational tools for kids travelling Australia at www.cakeandeatit3.com
Another family favourite, comfort food at its best and boy does it smell good while it is cooking! We cook this in the Weber casserole dish, which we place on the aluminium convection tray. To save cleaning I place baking paper in the bottom of the casserole dish.
Potatoes – roughly 5 should do it depending on size
Chicken stock cube
Chopped garlic (optional)
2 onions sliced
Grated cheese to cover top layer
- Place baking paper in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Peel potatoes and cut in 2mm slices.
- Layer the bottom of casserole dish with potato.
- Add a layer of sliced onions and repeat for another layer of potato and onion, normally three layers.
- Break up stock cube with fork, pour some of the cream over potato to allow room in cream container, add stock cube and shake vigorously.
- Pour remaining cream and stock cube evenly over layers.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top layer – the more the better!
- Place lid on and place in pre-heated BBQ for approximately 1 hour, take the lid off and cook a further 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden.
Find this recipe and 100 more in the Camps Australia Wide Community Cookbook!