A volunteer-run committee manage and maintain the beautiful Lake Lascelles and award-winning Mallee Bush Retreat.
Located only 500 m from the Hopetoun centre, this idyllic spot offers unpowered free camping available around the lake’s water front and in the bush, as well as 12 powered sites for a reasonable price.
As this is a volunteer run site, No bookings taken for camping.
They graciously accept donations for maintenance and are keen to share the wonders of the lake.
However, there are also glamping and quirky accommodation: sleep in a cow or machinery shed, limstone grainstore, shearer’s hut, stable or silo! There is also a shearing shed function room. Book online via their new website.
Make sure you check out the Silo Art Trail when you are out that way!
- 1 of only 5 waterways that flow inland in Victoria
- Corrong holds 17,200 megs
- Approximately 660 hectares in size
- Powered and non powered boating is permitted although infrastructure and access is limited when the lake is at capacity
- Mecca for wildlife and bird watching is a must
- Fishing and yabbying are a key recreational activity recommended by locals
- Sail boats are suited to the lake
Check out some more campsite photos!
If you would like order your own CAMPS Pendium, here is a special coupon code for you:
…and you’ll receive $20 off! Add the code into the checkout!