By contributor, Karen Cooper – thanks for sending this in to the Camps Australia Wide Community Cook Book.
I cook this in advance and freeze for our camp trips. It’s great with potatoes cooked in the fire, or mashed potatoes.
- 1 kg beef rump steak cubed
- 40 g (or 2 tablespoons) plain flour
- Olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 500 ml beef stock
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 chopped carrots
- Coat beef in flour and brown in small amounts.
- Add olive oil to pan and cook onions until soft. Add any remaining flour.
- Add tomato paste, mustard, stock and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season and bring to boil then simmer for 1 hour either in oven or over the campfire.
- Add carrot and cook until beef and carrot are tender about 30 minutes.
Find this recipe and 100 more in the Camps Australia Wide Community Cook Book!