This recipe by Lyn Moore is so simple. Just heat up your camp oven and your meal will be ready in approximately 1-1/2 hours. Enough time to enjoy the ‘fivies’ get together. Serves 2.
- 4 lamb neck chops
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1 potato (cubed)
- 1 can tomatoes
- 250 ml chicken or vegetable stock (or use stock cubes)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- Parsley or any herbs you like to use
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250g dried noodles (I use small spiral noodles)
- Heat up camp oven on a bed of coals.
- Brown chops, onions and garlic.
- Add carrots and potato.
- Add tomatoes, stock, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place lid on camp oven and top with hot coals.
- Check after ½ hour and add more liquid if required.
- When close to cooked, add noodles and replace the lid and top with hot coals.
- Serve with a freshly baked damper.
Camping on the Murray River, having our own private ‘fivies’ and watching the parrots flying in and nesting in the cliffs, while our braised lamb chops are cooking in the camp oven. Ahh, what better way to spend an evening.
Our favourite camp site is Gregory Downs in Queensland, camping on the river and using pool noodles and floating in the cool crystal water.
The must see location is the Cobbold Gorge in Queensland. An amazing place where the gorge is only wide enough to travel in the punt. To top it off they have built a glass walkway across the gorge making it accessible to walk and explore both sides of this beautiful place.
Find more great recipes in our Camps Community Cookbook.
Score 15% off Camps 12 B4 (Easy to Read with Photos) by adding in the below code at checkout.
Add the code EXPLOREAUS into the checkout and SAVE today!