Gladstone Regional Council (GRC) wishes to advise that all camping grounds located on Council owned or managed land were closed from midday, Thursday 26 March until further notice.
The decision to close these camping grounds was made to align with the Queensland Government’s decision to close all campgrounds in national parks, state forests and state managed recreation and protected areas, in response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Camping grounds to close include:
- 1770 Camping Ground (426 in Caravan Parks 5)
- Workman’s Beach Camp Grounds, Agnes Water (142 in Camps 10)
- Lilley’s Beach, Boyne Island
- Futter Creek Camping Reserve, Boynedale (135 in Camps 10)
- Calliope River Picnic Area, River Ranch (133 in Camps 10)
- The Oaks Camping Ground, Facing Island
- South End Camping Ground, Curtis Island.
GRC will work collaboratively with camping ground management during this time.
Council is continuing to take a proactive approach to the COVID-19 situation and is acting on the advice of Queensland Health and the Queensland and Australian Governments.