Lyn Moore contributed this recipe to the Camps Australia Wide Community Cook Book
which she says is so simple. Just heat up your camp oven and your meal will be ready in approximately 1-1.5 hours. Enough time to enjoy the ‘fivies’ get together. Serves 2.
- 4 lamb neck chops
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1 potato (cubed)
- 1 can tomatoes
- 250 ml chicken or vegetable stock (or use stock cubes)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- Parsley or any herbs you like to use
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250g dried noodles (I use small spiral noodles)
- Heat up camp oven on a bed of coals.
- Brown chops, onions and garlic.
- Add carrots and potato.
- Add tomatoes, stock, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place lid on camp oven and top with hot coals.
- Check after ½ hour and add more liquid if required.
- When close to cooked, add noodles and replace the lid and top with hot coals.
- Serve with a freshly baked damper.