Just one week of camping in north eastern New South Wales we checked out over 20 waterside campsites and many others! Add to that: 5 waterfalls, 8 national parks, 8 pubs and a following the mighty Clarence and Belliger, lulled to sleep on Nymboida’s rapids, with swims in the Gwydir and Bielsdown Rivers, plus Reedy and Never Never Creeks.
Red ticks are the CAMPS seal of approval. It means: at the time they were visited, they were appealing, either because of the site’s position or vista or because facilities were above average.
Here are the best of the free and budget priced campgrounds and caravan parks we came across on this road trip. All but one are waterside and most are pet friendly:
1. Koreelah Creek Camp, Koreelah National Park near Legume
2. Lilydale Primitive Camp, near Copmanhurst
3. Platypus Flat Campground, Nymboida-Binderay National Park, Dorrigo
4. Mother of Ducks Lagoon, Guyra
5. Cranky Rock Nature Reserve, Warialda
6. Ezzys Crossing, Gravesend
7. Pally Pub, Pallamallawa
8. Pallamallawa Fishing Club, Pallamallawa
9. Lemon Tree Flat, Kwiambal National Park, near Ashford
10. Severn River Rest Area, Ashford
Find more about each camp in the CAMPS AUSTRALIA WIDE App and new CAMPS 12 guides. You’ll also find it in the NSW guide from our CAMPS Pendium book set.
Pre-order Camps 12 now! Find out more and save with the deal in Messenger or add the discount code preordercaw12 at the checkout.
Add discount code: preordercaw12 at checkout
Or just visit us on Messenger and we’ll talk you through it!
Adventures start today!