There are a plethora of caravan parks and campgrounds in the beautiful hinterland and coastline around Byron Bay, New South Wales. It is the country’s most easterly point, so you can watch the sun greet Australia, as well as play at the sand, beaches and ocean – here’s what else you can do to keep active and refuel at local watering holes, whilst you are there:
- Walking the lighthouse at Byron or Broken Head to the point looking for whales.
- Hiking the 3 hour trail at Minyon Falls in Nightcap National Park… when open you can also camp there.
- Hiking Lennox Head headland.
- Walking the dog at Suffolk Park beach.
- Kayaking looking for dolphins.
- Ecotour in Brunswick River hunting for raptor bird life.
- Diving Julian Rocks.
- Breakfast in Bangalow on a Saturday and going to the farmers market buying local produce.
- Having a drink at either the Brunswick Pub or Byron Bay Beach hotel.
- Bike Riding Byron to Suffolk Park and stopping at the Suffolk Bakery.
Thanks to Kim Snellgrove for your tips!
If you would like order your own CAMPS Pendium, here is a special coupon code for you:
…and you’ll receive $20 off! Add the code into the checkout!